On 2010-05-09 09:33, Robert Glover Jr wrote:
*>*...snip... there is a picture of a key that I cannot decipher. It looks
like a circle, but at 11 o'clock there is a gap and in that gap is a short
vertical line ... snip ...
>There's a list of key symbols at
, or just
enter "apple key symbols" into a search engine near you.
Thanks! The chart you the link you provided shows that the symbol
means the escape key.
>When you (the general "you", not
necessarily Robert) say "Keyboard
Viewer", are you refering to
Methods/KeyboardViewer.app ? For some reason that doesn't seem to do
anything for me.
On my MacBook Pro (less than a month old) I do:
1) System Preferences
2) Keyboard...."Show Keyboard & Character Viewer in menu bar"
3) In menu bar (just to the right of the volume control on my MacBook Pro),
mouse over the picture of a keyboard.
4) Click on "Show Keyboard viewer"
5) A picture of a keyboard appears.
6) any key that you type into any application, causes that key on the
picture of the keyboard to briefly flash gray.