Since Freenode decided to destroy both their reputation and their network, is there an alternative channel for TextMate now? I visited #textmate on https://libera.chat <https://libera.chat/> but it doesn’t look “official” in the sense that Allan isn’t there, and no motd is set.
Montery/MacOS12 no longer includes php and this breaks some bundle commands.
Does the group have suggestions about a preferred way for a user who just wants it to work without hassles to use going forward?
Options seem to be
homebrew, e.g. https://github.com/shivammathur/homebrew-php
port install php
On 25 May 2021, at 16:28, Roberto Avanzi wrote:
> So, to summarize:
> - The /opt/homebrew is the new location for APple Silicon based macs
> - On macos 11.00 the default behaviour of ibtool seem to have changed,
> since I made no specific change to default configuration myself
> - For two nib's the directory is still created, and there seems to be
> a big sur special version inside
It turns out the issue is with xib files that contain a custom view (no window), a table view, and which has a deployment target (presumably less than macOS 11), for those, ibtool will create a directory.
Hard to believe this is anything but a bug in latest Xcode, but as a workaround, I have now removed deployment target from all xib files.
Regarding `/opt/homebrew`: If you run `./configure` then it now creates a default `local.rave` containing:
add FLAGS "-I/usr/local/include"
add LN_FLAGS "-L/usr/local/lib"
Then it complains that it cannot find dependencies.
Edit `local.ninja` with your M1 homebrew paths and then re-run `./configure`, and it should hopefully work.
Personally I get build dependencies from nixpkgs, there are people who use MacPorts, and then there is non-M1 homebrew, so I think it is fair that if dependencies are not in `/usr/local` then the user will have to manually edit the file, because `./configure` can quickly become a mess if it has to try everything.
Already last december I was ablt to build TextMate on a M1 MacBook (I
shared this with Michael Sheets) but at the time and still now I
encounter some errors during the build. For instance
/bin/cp -Xp /Users/mocenigo/build/textmate/release/_CompileXib/Frameworks/BundleEditor/resources/English.lproj/GrammarProperties.nib
&& touch /Users/mocenigo/build/textmate/release/Applications/TextMate/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/GrammarProperties.nib
is a directory (not copied).
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Now, if i continue to issue the command "ninja TextMate" it will
eventually build and sign a working application. But this should not
happen, I guess.
How can I set up the environment to just build properly, with "ninja
TextMate" and not stopping on the cp commands?
Is there any change that I can set something like NSToolTipsFont ? I can set NSToolTipsFontSize via;
defaults write com.macromates.TextMate NSToolTipsFontSize 24
How can I set font-family for ToolTips?
I have been able to compile TextMate a few times already, but for some
reason I have to issue the command dozens of time because the build
often halts with errors like
[2/150] Copy ‘/Users/mocenigo/build/textmate/release/_CompileXi...BundleEditor/resources/English.lproj/FileDropProperties.nib’…
/bin/cp -Xp /Users/mocenigo/build/textmate/release/_CompileXib/Frameworks/BundleEditor/resources/English.lproj/FileDropProperties.nib
&& touch /Users/mocenigo/build/textmate/release/Applications/TextMate/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/FileDropProperties.nib
is a directory (not copied).
but I am following the instructions on the github page to the letter.
What could this be and how do I fix it? It semes that t "-r"
(recursive) flag is missing or something from the cp command.
Firstly, Allan et al, thank you for everything you do. We’ve been using TextMate 1 and then 2 for years at my company.
Recently a bug has cropped up in the Find in Files list, for example:
I haven’t worked out what causes it, but parts of the previous searches are left in the list and overlay subsequent searches. A restart clears it obviously, but nothing else - the fragments just linger and accumulate making it gradually more and more difficult to see the results.
I’m on 2.0.19 on Big Sur. I’m guessing that the bug started occurring around version 2.0.16. There seem to have been quite a few changes in the Find dialog in version 2.0.16.