At 11:52 AM -0800 3/6/12, Evan Villemez wrote:
I figured out how to reproduce this issue consistently
on my machine:
1. Type something, anything, a few characters to give your cursor some
room to move.
2. Find your blinking input cursor, probably at the end of the line
3. Move your mouse directly over the blinking end-line cursor, it has
to be pixel-perfect lined up
4. Click and hold, now drag your mouse elsewhere, it should look like
it's highlighting 1 char-width blocks where text is present
5. Let go, crash, and profit... or not :D
To prevent crashing:
If you click and drag, and notice that you are highlighting single
characters, drag all the way up to the title bar, off the actual text
entry area, then let go, that should prevent the crash. It may work
if you drag anywhere outside of the text area and let go, not sure.
This has been driving me bat-shit-crazy the last week or so, I don't
know exactly when it started happening. The issue was present in an
earlier build, but instead of crashing, it would scroll you to the
top. Now it crashes.
Let me know if you guys can reproduce the same way I can... curious to
Yes. I can reproduce following your instructions.
I have lost enough work that I find myself avoiding dragging to select in TM2 -- instead I
click, move cursor, and shift click to select an area.