On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Fritz Anderson <fritza(a)uchicago.edu> wrote:
On Mar 30, 2010, at 12:43 PM, Nicholas Cole wrote:
I realise that this is a very sketchy bug report
- I'm posting it here
in the hopes that someone else has run into it and has managed to work
out exactly what is causing it better than I have. I'm not even sure
if the fault lies with skim or with textmate or with the latex bundle.
If you know the processor is saturated, I assume you're already running Activity
Monitor. Sort the window by % CPU to see what process is taking up the bandwidth. That may
tell you where the problem is. Select that line. Click the Sample Process button in the
toolbar. If the resulting stack trace doesn't tell you anything, it will probably mean
something to the author of the offending program.
You can also use the Quit Process button to kill the offender without having to log
I should have been clearer - this is what is so strange about this
bug. Once it is triggered, any new process starts eating up the CPU,
no matter what it is, and killing it in the task manager doesn't
reduce the CPU load. That's why I find this bug so odd...