Found the problem, it had to do with the encoding of the file, once i
resaved them as UTF8 then find in project… could match strings in them, but
this seems inconsistent tho.
If i opened the file i could find in it, if i had the file opened find in
project could also find it, so why couldn’t it find it when it wasn’t open,
maybe textmate 2 internally converts the file to UTF8 when it opens it and
find only works on UTF8?
On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Mikael Hultgren <blomma(a)gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Phil Schumm
On Sep 1, 2012, at 4:42 AM, Mikael Hultgren
So I’m running the latest nightly of Textmate 2
and seeing some weird
behaviour from Find in Project…
I have a project(or what I’m assuming is a project, it has a
.™_properties in its
root folder with projectDirectory = '$CWD’ in it)
and no matter what i do i can’t make Find in Project… find anything, i type
a search query that i know exists in the project and it returns nothing.
But if i load up for example the Textmate project Find in Project… seems to
work just fine and i can’t for the life of the figure out what the problem
is. Maybe I’m not understanding what Find in Project… does or maybe I’m
confused as to what or how a project is made in Textmate 2. Any ideas are
Two quick possibilities (though there may be others):
1) Are you sure that the selection criteria
In: <place> matching <pattern>
in the Find in Project dialog box are not set in a way that excludes
you are looking for? For example, try setting this to
In: [Project Folder] matching *
Yep, they are all correct and still no joy.
2) The setting
and possibly other "exclude" settings may be excluding the files you
looking for. See
for more info; in particular, note that these may be set in several
I’ve searched thru my entire home folder for every .tm_properties and
there is nothing there excluding this file pattern, I’ve tried to change
the filename ending to something else and no luck. By chance i had a
sp.sublime-workspace file in there and i can search that one. If i open a
file then find in project finds a match in that one.
As i said, i have other projects were find in project works fine, just not
this one and i can't for the life of me find a good solid reason for it,
here is the weird part, at the bottom of the find in project dialog it
actually says ‘No result for “blaah”. (searched 255 files in 0.6 seconds)
so it seems it is searching the files but not finding the string, a string
i know is in there. These are a sql files it is searching thru.