That's odd, because the version of TextMate.app I have installed, 2.0-beta.6, shows a Contents folder containing an Info.plist file, just like all my other apps. I don't see an info.plist file anywhere.
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Allan Odgaard email@example.com wrote:
On 11 Nov 2014, at 15:46, Matt Neuburg wrote:
It happens that your lowercase "info.plist" might work on some people's
machines, but you cannot rely on this: a folder that contains a lowercase "info.plist" can break against Apple's expectations […]
TextMate bundles are *not* following the format of an application/framework bundle.
For example in an application/framework bundle the Info.plist is placed in a subfolder named “Contents” which is not the case for TextMate bundles.
So TextMate is not wrong, it follows the standard I did 10 years ago *inspired* by Apple, but with the info.plist in lowercase (and at the root level of the bundle).
I later made TextMate 1.x accept Info.plist as well, but from day one, the standard was info.plist, and that is what I carried over to 2.0.
textmate mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate