1. Open ⌘⇧-T window
2. Open a file that takes some time to syntax highlight
Expected: newly opened file highlights, and function window populates
Obtained: Spinning wheel of death
1. Open a file that takes some time to syntax highlight
2. Open ⌘⇧-T window (you probably have a few seconds to do this)
Expected: Function window populates with function list
Obtained: Spinning wheel of death
I've also tried changing the shebang of gen_html to so it uses ruby 2.4.2 (from Homebrew) and the result is the same. Anyone else hitting this? Any workaround?
[266/740] Generate ‘/Users/dfelicia/build/TextMate/Applications/TextMate/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/Contributions.html’…
bin/gen_html > /Users/dfelicia/build/TextMate/Applications/TextMate/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/Contributions.html~ -h Applications/TextMate/templates/header.html -f Applications/TextMate/templates/footer.html Applications/TextMate/about/Contributions.md Applications/TextMate/references.md && mv /Users/dfelicia/build/TextMate/Applications/TextMate/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/Contributions.html~ /Users/dfelicia/build/TextMate/Applications/TextMate/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/Contributions.html
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/erb.rb:861:in `eval': (erb):18: syntax error, unexpected &, expecting end-of-input (SyntaxError)
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/erb.rb:861:in `block in result'
from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/erb.rb:862:in `result'
from bin/gen_html:29:in `expand_tpl'
from bin/gen_html:114:in `block in <main>'
from bin/gen_html:114:in `open'
from bin/gen_html:114:in `<main>'
[275/740] Compile xib ‘Applications/TextMate/resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.xib’…
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
I tried completely cleaning up, and also worked around the annoying ns/ns.h issue that was previously reported to this list, but the results is the same:
rm -rf ~/build
rm -rf ~/github/local/textmate
git clone https://github.com/textmate/textmate.git
git submodule update --init
sed -i.bak 's%<ns/ns.h>%"/Users/dfelicia/github/local/textmate/Frameworks/ns/src/ns.h"%g' /Users/dfelicia/github/local/textmate/Frameworks/OakFoundation/src/OakFoundation.mm
I absolutely love the feature introduced in TM 2 with Lion: being able
to reopen all the windows  after any expected or unexpected events
(rebooting, upgrading, crashes, ...).
What I miss in TextMate though is reopening the windows in the same
desktop where they were before closing the app.
I often have up to 100 files opened at the same time, spread across a
number of desktops and I only reboot the OS about once in a month. But
after every reboot or TM upgrade, I need to sort the windows manually
again which is a bit annoying.
Terminal windows open in exactly the same desktop where they were
closed, the web browser (Chrome) sadly doesn't respect that, about
other software I don't care. I would really love it if TextMate would
remember in which desktop the windows were last opened and reproduce
the exact state after relaunch. I don't know how difficult it would be
to implement that change though.
What do others think about it? Should I enter the feature request in
Having received some TeXLive updates recently, I am now unable to use cmd-R in TextMate to typeset. Whichever .tex I try (in this case Reason. tex), I just get
Command latexmk -pdf -f -r /tmp/latexmkrc -r '/Users/robertmilton/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/config/latexmkrc' Reason.tex exited with status 127
Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone know how to fix it?
When I use Find In Project, the Replace and Replace & Find buttons are now
always grayed out. So that feature is completely unavailable to me.
Am I doing something wrong? Has something changed in TextMate regarding
this? Anyone else having this problem.
Every so often the UI will hang. This is a new development and has started about a week or so ago. I don’t think anything has really changed on my end. It occurs when moving my text cursor around or when bringing up the find window. I’m sure there are other things that cause it to occur, but I can’t think of them at the moment. It doesn’t happen every time but it happens enough to be annoying.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have found (I think) an intermittent problem with the find panel in TextMate. I’m using 2.0-rc.4. What is happening is that the next button of the find panel always find (stay) on the same text search in the source instead of going to the next text selection. I’m using it for editing C Code.
Like I said is very intermittent, it happens only sometime in 1 in 40 each time I use the search function. Maybe I just not found out what is triggering this behaviour.
Yann Bourdeau, M.Ing.
Senior Software Developer
I knew there was a reason I subscribed to this list—I’m not a power user; but once every few months a tidbit like this comes along. Thank you. I found the default response confusing and annoying. But no doubt others like this feature. Nice to know we have choices.
> Curt Sellmer <sellmerfud(a)gmail.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>> wrote:
> You can change this default behavior by quitting TextMate and using the
> following command in Terminal:
> defaults write com.macromates.textmate alwaysFindInDocument 1
> When you restart TextMate it will always perform the find in the Document
> even if there is current a selection.
Apologies for the self-promotion but I thought this may be interesting to some of you. I’ve seen Atom and Sublime Text linting plugins and I was wanting something similar for TextMate so wrote my own plugin:
Give me a shout if you like this or have feedback. If there’s enough interest I’d like to try and submit this to be an official TextMate plugin in future.