[TxMt] Problem running ruby commands

Nigel Chapman nigelchap at icloud.com
Mon Nov 25 15:23:23 UTC 2019

I have encountered a problem running bundle commands that are implemented as ruby scripts with a shebang line

#!/usr/bin/env ruby18

I get an alert like this:

Here I was trying to use Insert Color… from the CSS bundle, but the same thing happens with other commands, including from bundles I made myself.

I am pretty sure that this only started when I upgraded to Catalina. (Presently on 10.15.1, TM 2.0.3. It doesn’t happen with 2.0.3 running on another machine with High Sierra.) Possibly this is related to the problem of loading plug-ins that was fixed in 2.0.1.

If I change the shebang to point to the version of ruby I installed with Homebrew commands work fine, but I don’t much want to edit every command in every bundle.

Has anybody else seen this? Do you know of any workrounds?