[TxMt] Re: TM2, python, miniconda environment

Wed Nov 20 20:33:36 UTC 2019

On 20 Nov 2019, at 15:02, Claus wrote:

> Hello TM2 users,
>
> just created a miniconda environment called `py37` which I activate
> via `conda activate py37`. In my endeavour to tell TM2 how to execute
> a python code with this environment I found this stackoverflow
> "solution": https://stackoverflow.com/a/8989779

That is not the way to go. Honestly, I doubt the accepted answer will
even work.

You don’t need to “activate” a virtual environment to use it (and
neither does TextMate). You just need to tell it where the right Python
executable is. I would set `TM_PYTHON` in a `.tm_properties` file as
described in my answer on Stack Overflow.

--
Rob McBroom