[TxMt] Re: Theme settings explanation

Umberto Cerrato umbertocerrato at outlook.it
Fri Aug 23 18:33:48 UTC 2019

Hi Jacob,

Thank you!!

About the fact that these fields are more for other bundle items: you are right, those settings are quite always there, but I think they have to have a functionality. Otherwise why not removing them? (e.g. Language Grammars has different/more fields. (Although those one are always there…)).

Best, u

PS:
I wrote a mail before about changing the theme based on the file type, a really neat feature IMO. Thanks to Rob MB. I managed to have different themes for different file types.
Eventually the trick there was to use the Scope Selectors to select a specific file type (es. *.c to detect all C files) and set a particular theme for them in the tm properties file.

[ *.c  ]
theme            = "71D40D9D-AE48-11D9-920A-000D93589AF6”
tabSize.         = 4

Now, when I first read about Scope Selector in theme settings inside Edit Bundles I thought that that field (Scope Selector) could be the one that would change the theme based on file type.
(Unfortunately it seems it does not work) Anyway, if it (specifically the Scope Selector field) is really useless ATM, I would suggest to make it the field for the assignment of certain file types to certain custom themes.