[TxMt] Re: Theme settings explanation

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Aug 23 17:42:59 UTC 2019

I don’t think most of these settings make sense for a theme. They are more for other bundle items, like commands or snippets.

Scope Selector: this indicates which scope a given bundle item should apply to. This is usually used make a command only be available for a specific language.

Key Equivalent: this is the keyboard shortcut that will activate the bundle item. This is usually used to run a command.

Tab Trigger: this specifies the text that should precede a press on the tab key. The tab key (in combination with the text) is used to activate the bundle item. This is usually used by snippets. For example, in the Ruby bundle I can type “cla” and then press the tab key. This will activate a bundle item that will replace the text “cla” with a skeleton of a class declaration.

A TextMate bundle can basically contain these bundle items: commands, snippets, language grammars, settings and themes. Editing these bundle items all use the same UI. Not all of the UI will necessarily make sense to use for all types of bundle items. What you see in "Edit Bundles… > Themes” is basically a set of bundles that only contains themes.

> On 23 Aug 2019, at 18:27, Umberto Cerrato <umbertocerrato at outlook.it> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Who can explain me what these settings are for?
> Specifically: Scope Selector, Key Equivalent, Tag Trigger options.
>
> I’m in “Edit Bundles… > Themes”
> <textmate-theme.png>
>
> Best, u

/Jacob Carlborg