[TxMt] Re: indented soft wrap, yet again

Thu Feb 27 05:55:20 UTC 2014

On 26 Feb 2014, at 0:56, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> The problem is manifested in various guises, but one of the main ways
> is that when I scroll up in a long document, the window hesitates for
> about a second before showing the new window-full of text.

I believe you are seeing an issue with TextMate 2.

If you have long paragraphs of (soft wrapped) text, you scroll up, and
the text hasn’t been displayed before, TM’s lazy layout engine
results in a suboptimal user experience, in that it will expand the
single line scrolled into the view, to the full paragraph with all the
text (enlarging the height of the buffer).