[TxMt] Inconsistent use of Application Support folders

Dominic Morgan dom at d3r.com
Wed Nov 6 17:50:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to symlink parts of my Application Support folder off into
Dropbox so I can share between machines.

In doing so, I noticed some rather odd behaviour. My belief was that
TextMate2 used the ~/Application Support/Avian folder for everything you
install and all it's deltas but that it still loads items from
~/Application Support/TextMate so that you can pull your old
bundles/plugins etc. from TextMate1.

However, there seem to be inconsistencies. When I double click a .tmbundle
file, this seems to be installed into the Avian folder but when I double
click a .tmplugin file this goes into the TextMate folder.

Am I completely misunderstanding how this stuff works? Which of the folders
is it I need to symlink out, or both to be able to share between machines?

Dom