[TxMt] Re: Some .tm_properties settings being ignored

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Mon Jul 9 14:33:26 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-09 09:16, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 07/07/2012, at 17.38, Chris Fonnesbeck wrote:
>
>> I have both:
>>
>> softWrap = true
>> softTabs = true
>>
>> set universally in my .tm_properties file, yet I occasionally open files that ignore both of these settings, requiring me to set them manually from the menu bar.
> Most likely this is because another setting is affecting the file you open.

With so many different places properties can be set it's often difficult
to track down exactly which one has precedence. This problem is similar
to CSS in which styles can be overridden by other style sheets.  Just to
add to the growing list of feature requests, can something like
Firebug's CSS browser be implemented for .tm_properties?

Here's a screenshot for anyone who's unfamiliar with Firebug. In the
actual tool you can mouse-over the filename to see the full path. For a
TM equivalent you could replace the HTML tags with applicable scope names.

http://derp.co.uk/4eb3f

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer