[TxMt] Re: Introducing MateWiki: A Wiki For TextMate 2

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Sat Jan 21 17:42:55 UTC 2012

On Jan 21, 2012, at 2:01 AM, Brandon Fryslie wrote:

> > Why do we need matewiki.com when there is already wiki.macromates.com?
>
> I posted the first 5 reasons that came to mind an email or two back:
>
> > I want EVERYONE to have access to it, not just me which will lead to a broader and more updated resource.

Hmm, I thought the Macromates wiki is open-access...? I'm able to edit it, anyway. If it's restricted, I don't remember how I got access. Anybody know what the policy is for their wiki?

> The macromates CSS theme is way too thin for my screen.

You don't like the theme and so the community should band together to build a second, redundant wiki? Just use GreaseMonkey (or something similar) and problem solved.

> I'm a control freak and want to be able to use it as a personal
> resource for TextMate bundle development.

I thought you were asking for contributions to a community wiki. That's quite different from a "personal resource". There are already sites like that, such as http://tm2tips.tumblr.com/. Also I don't think being a control freak is compatible with the wiki model. It's nice that you want to share your work, but I still don't see the point of a community wiki when there's already an official one.

Trevor