[TxMt] Re: softWrap always on in Git commit messages

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Wed Jan 11 23:55:29 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012, at 7:13 PM, Christopher Creutzig wrote:

> Have you tried
>
> [ text.git-commit ]
> softWrap = false

Ok, so here's what's happening at the moment. I replaced the [ .git/COMMIT_EDITMSG ] section with your suggestion, then when I tried to commit, the file type was being set as Markdown. I tried commenting out everything else in my .tm_properties, still interpreted as Markdown. I then started a commit, manually changed the file type at the bottom of the window, cancelled the commit, and then next time I tried to commit it remembered the file type.

So that's good, but now when I set softWrap = true, the soft wrap indicator turns off, and softWrap = false turns the indicator on. And regardless of the setting, the text still soft wraps. Kinda weird.

> Also, in the Bundle Editor, you'll find that under
> Git/Settings/Style: Diff, softWrap is explicitly disabled for the diffs.
> I'd guess you can do the same thing for text.git-commit as well, but the
> above setting in tm_properties should do that, too.

Topping it off, I tried this and it also turns the soft wrap indicator *on*.

:P

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Adam