[TxMt] Theme Frustration

plastichairdoo plastichairdoo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:41:44 UTC 2010

question for you all - I spent some time customizing the Blackboard theme to my liking and now use it frequently.
however today I accidentally replaced it with the original Blackboard theme and now I cannot get it to load my custom version
in the TM prefs panel I had renamed my BB theme 'My Blackboard' but nonetheless, when I accidentally overwrote it replaced my modified BB with the normal BB theme and 'My Blackboard' is no longer with us!

'but wait! all is not lost!' I said to myself - for of course I keep a backup of everything and I'll  just delete Blackboard and reimport my own. but no joy. no matter what I try to do I cannot get my modified version to reload.
I have tried renaming the new BB theme in the Finder, and replacing the name here:

<key>author</key>
	<string>Domenico Carbotta</string>
	<key>name</key>
	<string>Blackboard</string>
<key>settings</key>

but when I reload the Theme file but no matter what I do it still reads it as 'Blackboard'.

even stranger  - I when I opened the BB theme sitting in my Textmate.app package *it is the modified version - my version*!
I checked it against my virgin copy and my backed up modified copy.
so how can it still not be showing up as my modified version?!?
I even tried logging out and back in again - but no dice.

so how can I be finding the original BB theme when the *modified* one is the one in the Themes folder inside TM??

and one more thing I noticed - even after I would delete the theme in my prefs panel and quit TM - when I would look inside the TM.app package afterwards... it was still there!

anyway  - I've tried everything I can think of and now I would like some help! I wouldn't care so much except for two reasons:
1) I use this theme *a lot* and I like it the way I had it.
2) apparently simple problems I can't solve drive me crazy!

thanks.
bennett