[TxMt] Snow Leopard: Objective-C bundle "Documentation for Word / Selection" (with Xcode 3.2)

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Sep 22 12:44:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

Snow Leopard's developer documentation path was changed. Due to that I
have the following suggestion to get rid of that:

in docset_query.rb (Objective-C.tmbundle/Support/lib) line 11 add the
new location to the DOCSETS array:

DOCSETS =  [
  "/Developer/Documentation/DocSets/
com.apple.ADC_Reference_Library.CoreReference.docset",
  "/Developer/Documentation/DocSets/
com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleSnowLeopard.CoreReference.docset",
  "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Documentation/
DocSets/com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleiPhone2_0.iPhoneLibrary.docset"
]

Furthermore one has to add to Objective-C's bundle command
"Documentation for Word / Selection" at the beginning

if [[ "$(defaults read /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion
ProductVersion)" == 10.6.* ]]; then
   "${TM_RUBY:-ruby}" -r"$TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/lib/docset_query.rb" -e
'documentation_for_word'
   exit
fi

or one can combine the check for 10.5.* and 10.6* of course.

IMPORTANT:
This only works if the entire documentation is installed locally (as
far as I know this is NOT the default!).
To do it simply open Xcode 3.2 > Preferences > Documentation. Make
sure that the docset 'Mac OS X 10.6 Core Library' is downloaded (press
the Get button if grayed)

After that and reload bundles one has the new look&feel documentation
in TM available.

Best,

--Hans