[TxMt] Re: Snow Leopard: Objective-C bundle "Documentation for Word / Selection" (with Xcode 3.2)

Dave Baldwin dave.baldwin at 3dlabs.com
Wed Sep 23 09:38:01 UTC 2009

On 22 Sep 2009, at 13:44, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Snow Leopard's developer documentation path was changed. Due to that I
> have the following suggestion to get rid of that:
>
> in docset_query.rb (Objective-C.tmbundle/Support/lib) line 11 add the
> new location to the DOCSETS array:
>
> DOCSETS =  [
>  "/Developer/Documentation/DocSets/
> com.apple.ADC_Reference_Library.CoreReference.docset",
>  "/Developer/Documentation/DocSets/
> com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleSnowLeopard.CoreReference.docset",
>  "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Documentation/
> DocSets/
> com.apple.adc.documentation.AppleiPhone2_0.iPhoneLibrary.docset"
> ]

I think the following change is more future proof:

DOCSETS =  Dir.glob("/Developer/Documentation/DocSets/*.docset")

and the now unnecessary check

		next unless File.exists? docset

in search_docs() can also be dispensed with.

> Furthermore one has to add to Objective-C's bundle command
> "Documentation for Word / Selection" at the beginning
>
> if [[ "$(defaults read /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion
> ProductVersion)" == 10.6.* ]]; then
>   "${TM_RUBY:-ruby}" -r"$TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/lib/docset_query.rb" -e
> 'documentation_for_word'
>   exit
> fi

What is this trying to fix?  If it is the brief error message that
pops up then I think one of the old docsets (kept from Leopard?) fails
because of a docset format change so I just deleted them from the
Developer/Documentation/DocSets folder.

Dave.