[TxMt] Re: can't find "g++" on PATH problem

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 00:40:42 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 02:29, Matt Hogan <Matt.Hogan.lolz at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I've been trying to use TextMate for coding in c/c++ instead of Xcode as
> of late, but any time I do a command-R to run my code, I get this error:
>
> The current PATH is:
>
> "/usr/bin
> /bin
> /usr/sbin
> /sbin
> /usr/local/bin
> /usr/X11/bin
>
> Please add the directory containing “g++” to PATH in TextMate's Shell
> Variables preferences.
>
> Alternatively, the PATH can be retrieved from Terminal but this requires a
> relaunch: "

When you install the Developer Tools (i.e. Xcode and friends), the
installer has an optional package called, I think, something like
“Unix Supporț” which takes care of making tools like gcc/g++
available through /usr/bin.
So the right way to fix this problem is to rerun the Dev Tools package

The wrong way would be to add /Developer/usr/bin to your PATH, which
is where the cli tools are installed by default.

HTH,
Martin