[TxMt] can't find "g++" on PATH problem

Matt Hogan Matt.Hogan.lolz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 00:29:32 UTC 2009

So I've been trying to use TextMate for coding in c/c++ instead of Xcode as
of late, but any time I do a command-R to run my code, I get this error:

The current PATH is:

"/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/X11/bin

Please add the directory containing “g++” to PATH in TextMate's Shell
Variables preferences.

Alternatively, the PATH can be retrieved from Terminal but this requires a
relaunch: "

Even when I try to retrieve the PATH from Terminal, I still get this error.
Has any one run into this kind of problem before? Searching yielded no
results, so I was hoping that someone here could help me.

Thanks in advance,
-Matt