[TxMt] latex Bundle and TeXlive 2009

Stefan Dietzel mail at dietzel.st
Fri Nov 13 10:42:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just discovered an issue when trying to compile documents with TeXlive 2009 on a Mac with latexmk.pl enabled in the bundle preferences. Although a document had several errors, like undefined commands, the compile window didn't display them and pretended that it could compile the file normally.

The reason seems to be that, with the new TeXlive version, the different outputstreams of pdflatex (and xetex) are not correctly identified any more. After some debuggung, the following helped:

In latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/texparser.py, line 226 needs to be changed to:
(re.compile('This is (pdfTeX|latex2e|latex|XeTeX)') , self.startLatex),

In the old versions, it read "pdfTeXk" and "XeTeXk".

Maybe this fix helps others as well. It took me a while to figure out that it was just the missing "k" causing so much trouble ;-)

Bye,
  Stefan