[TxMt] Re: TextMate - Spark View Engine .spark Files as HTML

Thu Nov 12 19:00:14 UTC 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 1:08 PM, King, Steven wrote:

> Which seems like a major mis-feature to me. I open lots of files ending in .txt. Most are plain text, but some are some other type that benefits from different syntax coloring. I *hate* that language types are sticky this way. Just because I want to view one file in a different manner doesn't mean I want to view *all* files that way. I want to set it once for the common case (plain text), then only change it for the files which are something else.

I'd say this is a problem at the OS level in general. The whole "extension = type" assumption. Name and type should be stored in different places, but Apple hasn't gotten [back] there yet.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Don't try to tell me a thing is important to you if the whole of your “support” entails forcing others to spend time and money on it.