[TxMt] Re: How does Git bundle choose what to commit?

Thorsten Hamann textmate at thisisnotamerica.de
Thu Mar 12 07:11:22 UTC 2009

Allan Odgaard schrieb:
> On 11 Mar 2009, at 08:31, Thorsten Hamann wrote:
>
>> FWIW, the Subversion bundle works exactly the same way. If you commit
>> from a text file, it only tries to commit said text file; if you
>> want to
>>  commit a folder or the whole project, you have to click the
>> appropriate place in the project pane.
>
> But if you have no selection in the project drawer, the Subversion
> bundle commits the entire project. This is also what my patch to the
> Git bundle introduces.

So obviously there are people who edit a bunch of files without ever
touching the project drawer. I'm still in the process of getting used to
Apple-T, so if I work on a project, I've likely clicked onto the active
file in order to open or focus it. That way I didn't stumble upon the
behaviour you describe.

> The behavior about using selection in drawer, falling back on project
> folder, falling back on current file, is the way I want all bundles to
> behave. Though I have not made any serious effort to advocate it since
> in 1.x you have to manually unselect the file for this to be ideal (or
> have the folder with the file you switch to collapsed), but in 2.0 TM
> won’t do any automatic selection in the file browser, making this
> suggested behavior rational.

After the great current version, I'm really looking forward to 2.0,
thanks for elaborating on details of how it's going to work internally. :)

Is there any way of signing up for beta testing it?

Thorsten
--
Jesus saves. Buddha makes incremental backups.