[TxMt] Re: How does Git bundle choose what to commit?

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 17:10:35 UTC 2009

I think I now understand my earlier problem. Selecting a file to edit
by clicking on its name in the project drawer selects that file for
any later Commit action. Once a file is selected, changing to another
file by any means--clicking on its name in the file drawer, clicking
on its tab, using Command-<digit>, using Option-Command-<arrow>, or
selecting it from the Command-T list--will select the new file in the
project drawer, and now Commits will be focused on that file.

I didn't realize any of this before; the subtlety that Allan corrected
was way over my head.

So as I now understand it, the only way to keep Commit working on the
entire folder (at present, my git repos have no subdirectories) is to
select the folder in the project drawer and then move from file to
file via the tabs or the various Command key shortcuts, as those are
the only ways to change the frontmost file without changing the
selection in the project drawer.

I'm with Thorsten; it isn't intuitive to me that using different ways
of selecting a file for editing should have an effect on the Commit
command.

--
Dr. Drang