[TxMt] Re: GetBundles timeout/deadlock error?

Jay Levitt lists-textmate at jay.fm
Tue Feb 3 13:30:10 UTC 2009

Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
>> Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
>>> On 25.01.2009, at 00:10, Jay Levitt wrote:
>>>> `getResultFromDIALOG': Thread(0x5b750c): deadlock (fatal)
>>>> 	from /Users/jay/Library/Application
>>>> Support/TextMate/Bundles/GetBundles.tmbundle/Support/getBundles.rb:
>>>> 1165
>>> - Ruby version (ruby -v)
>> ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-darwin9]
> Since I've learnt from James Gray in that list:
> http://www.nabble.com/Re:-(NoMethodError)-with-TODO-Bundle-p21689534.html
> that using Ruby 1.8.7 is tricky I'd suggest first to set up your  
> environment in such a way that
> /usr/bin/env ruby -wKU
> calls Ruby 1.8.6 (default on Leopard) and try to run GetBundles again.

Ah hah!  I uninstalled the MacPorts version of Ruby, and GetBundles now 
works fine.  I'd seen a few problems under 1.8.7, but I assumed they were 
all my fault (or older Rails versions); I didn't realize that it was a 
hybrid of 1.8 and 1.9 functionality with such common compatibility problems.

Learned my lesson.  Thanks.


More information about the textmate mailing list