[TxMt] displaced character deletion

Adrian Felder adrian.felder at screenconcept.ch
Wed Feb 4 09:41:36 UTC 2009

Hello List,

When I¹m deleting single characters using the backspace or delete key
textmate shows a very strange behaviour; instead of the character next to
the cursor the second char before the cursor gets deleted. For Example: If I
want to delete de character Œa¹ in the Word ŒTextmate¹ I place the cursor
after the Œa¹ character and press backspace. Now the character Œm¹ gets
deleted! Using the delete key I have the same behaviour but to the other
direction.

I have already completely removed textmate and reinstalled it but still the
same effect. I use the most recent revision 1496 from 2008-11-27. I bought
the licence of this product.

I looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
A. Felder