[TxMt] Re: TM hangs while waiting for tm_dialog2

Mon Feb 2 20:08:05 UTC 2009

On 31 Jan 2009, at 13:36, António Afonso wrote:

> [...] if I detach the script how can I return text to the bundle
> command? In this particular case I would like to "Show as Tool Tip"

You can display tool tips via $DIALOG.

> the output, but in the future I'd also want to "Replace *".

This is not possible, no. It is possible to insert text via $DIALOG,
but it’s unsupported API — with Dialog1 you can open modal dialogs,
and so you don’t need to detach, it’s something I deliberatly left out
of Dialog2 both because the current commands using it did it only out
of lazyness, and because the way it was implemented was dependent on
how TM does things, which will change in the future, so it was not
easy to make the plug-in work for present and future — so I figured if
people really need it, they can use the old dialog API or make a
really good case for why I should revisit the problem ;)

If you give some details about what you are creating, I might be able
to suggest what the best approach is for you.