[TxMt] Re: General things I should know, but don't

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Aug 28 21:18:24 UTC 2009

On Aug 28, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Kerri Miller wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2009, at 10:51 AM, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> I spent yesterday watching a handful of screencasts for learning
>> jquery. I was shown perhaps 5 or more editors, and started to see
>> value in workflows I am not able to replicate.
>>
>> I'm sure I'm just missing some prefs, pointers appreciated.
>>
>> Vertical grid on tab stops. How do I turn this on? Seeing where a
>> statement begins and then closes at a glance is very powerful. In
>> jquery with all the parens and brackets, this visual alignment would
>> help a lot.
>>
>> I think this may not be possible. I figured I could get by with show
>> invisibles. I'm not seeing tabs or spaces, just returns. I would also
>> want to set returns and spaces to the same bg color to hide them. Too
>> much noise.
>>
>> I tried multiple themes, I can not get invisibles to show other than
>> returns, which I don't need to see anyway.
>>

> I remember a theme that had this displayed by shading the alternating
> tab stops, but I can't seem to find it now.  Funny, I'd forgotten
> about it until you mentioned it -- I could really use it at the
> moment!

Can anyone else chime in?  This would be wonderful to know how to do.
I suppose I am not going to be able to use soft tabs of I want this
feature though?

I have grown to really like soft tabs to be honest.  Never thought I
would, but it is pretty nice to move files around to a different
editor and everything looks just how I had it.