[TxMt] Re: General things I should know, but don't

Kerri Miller kerrizor at kerrizor.com
Fri Aug 28 18:43:49 UTC 2009

---
The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and
mystery. There is always more mystery.
- Anais Nin

On Aug 28, 2009, at 10:51 AM, Scott Haneda wrote:

> I spent yesterday watching a handful of screencasts for learning
> jquery. I was shown perhaps 5 or more editors, and started to see
> value in workflows I am not able to replicate.
>
> I'm sure I'm just missing some prefs, pointers appreciated.
>
> Vertical grid on tab stops. How do I turn this on? Seeing where a
> statement begins and then closes at a glance is very powerful. In
> jquery with all the parens and brackets, this visual alignment would
> help a lot.
>
> I think this may not be possible. I figured I could get by with show
> invisibles. I'm not seeing tabs or spaces, just returns. I would also
> want to set returns and spaces to the same bg color to hide them. Too
> much noise.
>
> I tried multiple themes, I can not get invisibles to show other than
> returns, which I don't need to see anyway.

I remember a theme that had this displayed by shading the alternating
tab stops, but I can't seem to find it now.  Funny, I'd forgotten
about it until you mentioned it -- I could really use it at the moment!

-k-