[TxMt] Re: how can I make TextMate the default editor for text files on 10.5.6

Joseph Pecoraro joepeck02 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 17:25:45 UTC 2009

> But can it really be impossible to make double click work correctly?
>
> But it is hard to believe that Apple has failed to provide a way to
> direct
> double clicks to the desired application for new files without
> extensions.

It seems like somebody got this to work in October 2008 (on Leopard).
http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=79991

He used an application RCdefaultApp to change the public.data UTI
to be TextMate instead of TextEdit.

Quote:
"A few hours later, after reading up on UTIs, I looked through the
list of
public.* utis in RCdefaultApp and I found the UTI public.data was set to
textedit-- i set it to textmate, and all my extensionless text files
seem to
open properly now."

Here is a link to RCdefaultApp:
http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/