[TxMt] Re: how can I make TextMate the default editor for text files on 10.5.6

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Sat Apr 4 17:10:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Apr 4, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Joseph Pecoraro wrote:

>> But now what about double click open?  That still fails.
>
> I normally drag and drop the file onto the TextMate icon in the Dock.
> That is probably not what you're looking for, but its what I've been
> doing for a while now.

Thanks -- that's better than using the right button "Open with" method.

But can it really be impossible to make double click work correctly?

But it is hard to believe that Apple has failed to provide a way to
direct
double clicks to the desired application for new files without
extensions.
The amazing thing is that the new files now automatically get TextMate
as the "Open with" application for Get Info, but double click and
command
line open still open them with something else (TeXShop in my case).

--Bill