[TxMt] Re: how can I make TextMate the default editor for text files on 10.5.6

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Sat Apr 4 18:14:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer to that thread.

Turns out I had found RCdefaultApp independently.
And even after setting everything I could find to "TextMate",
I'm still having the problem.  Even the UTI public.data
setting and application/octet-stream setting are now
for TextMate, but double-clicks go elsewhere.  Where
they go seems to change -- before it was TeXShop,
but now after a restart they are going to GraphicConverter!

--Bill