[TxMt] Command to insert text in different Textmate window

Pierre Morel pier.morel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:46:36 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm working on a "matlab console" bundle, à la "R console bundle". The
goal is to emulate a matlab console in a textmate window, which is
much more practical than the terminal to edit long commands. This is
so far working quite well, running matlab in the background and
sending/receiving messages via text files.
However, when I have a matlab script opened in a textmate window, I
want to be able to execute it in the textmate window where the matlab
console lies. I thought of doing that with applescript, but the
dictionary of textmate seems pretty poor, there is no way of handling
tabs for example.

So what I want to be able to do is a run a command from a window that
write its results in a different textmate window or tab (which has a
specific name, something like "Console.Mcon"). Is this possible ? and
how ?

Thanks

Pierre