[TxMt] Re: Command to insert text in different Textmate window

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Apr 2 14:26:47 UTC 2009

On 02.04.2009, at 15:46, Pierre Morel wrote:

> So what I want to be able to do is a run a command from a window that
> write its results in a different textmate window or tab (which has a
> specific name, something like "Console.Mcon"). Is this possible ? and
> how ?

Hmm, I guess it's not possible.
You can run a command from win 1 and append Matlab's output to let's
say the Console.Mcon file, but then TM doesn't load the new content in
its Console.Mcon window automatically. You can try to run an
applescript (via "System Events") to activate Finder and then back
TextMate to let TM re-scan the docs, but this works only partly, I
mean; you would get a TM alert window with "should I keep TM's version
or not?"

I have a similar problem with Rdaemon. If the user has two windows one
for the script and one for the daemon, how to execute the script code
visible in the daemon's window.

Up to now I only can send the script code to the daemon invisible and
then switch to the daemon's window to use my sent code. This is useful
if one develops functions etc.

On the other hand why don't you use my R daemon approach meaning paste
Matlab's output as snippet into the current doc?

--Hans