[TxMt] Re: LaTeX Bundle : Alt+Esc

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Mon Sep 22 13:23:33 UTC 2008

Le 22 sept. 08 à 06:37, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :

>> I know  when  the problem arrives
>>
>> 1) a new file
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>>
>> \begin{document}
>> \end{document}
>>
>> No problem
>
> What do you mean when you say "no problem"? What completion are you
> trying to do in this case, that isn't working. Alt-esc has a couple
> of different uses, depending on context. What completion precisely
> are we talking about? Are you trying withing a \ref{...} statement?
> And what do you expect it to do in the above case?

Sorry but my english language is not very good

a new document with the latex

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
Essai alt-esc

\end{document}

  I try to write  \medskip like this

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
Essai alt-esc

\medskip
\end{document}

so after \me I use alt+esc and that's fine . i can choose medskip in a
list

I save this file on the desktop with the name altesc.tex

now below \medskip I want \input{essai}

\after \in and alt+esc

a list of the macros appears and I can choose input

A) Without saving the file, I can use alt+esc to get

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
Essai alt+esc

\medskip
\input{essai}

\medskip
\end{document}

B) if I save the file (altesc.tex)

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
Essai alt+esc

\medskip
\input{essai}

\end{document}

I can't use alt+esc perhaps because the file essai. tex don't exist.

but

C) If I create a file essai.tex on the desktop like

\hrule
I have a problem
\hrule
\endinput

The problem is the same I can compile my example alt+esc  but
I can't use alt+esc to place \medskip below \input{essai}

>> 2) I save it try.tex on my Desktop : No problem
>>
>> 3) I insert \input{essai}
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>>
>> \begin{document}
>>  \input{essai}
>> \end{document}
>
> Where is the file "essai" relatively to the current file? And is it a
> file with extension .tex, i.e. is it essai.tex ?

essai.tex is on the desktop  with altesc.tex

Best Regards

Alain