[TxMt] Re: LaTeX Bundle : Alt+Esc

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 04:37:46 UTC 2008

On Sep 17, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 17 sept. 08 à 07:16, Alain Matthes a écrit :
>

>> Le 17 sept. 08 à 04:25, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :
>>
>>> Alain, can you provide a more precise example? Namely a sample file,
>>> and exactly what happens when you press alt-esc?
>>>
>>> Let me try to understand more precisely. If you open an existing tex
>>> file, no problems?
>>

>>> This only happens when you start a new document file, and then save
>>> it?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I know  when  the problem arrives
>
> 1) a new file
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \begin{document}
> \end{document}
>
> No problem

What do you mean when you say "no problem"? What completion are you
trying to do in this case, that isn't working. Alt-esc has a couple
of different uses, depending on context. What completion precisely
are we talking about? Are you trying withing a \ref{...} statement?
And what do you expect it to do in the above case?

> 2) I save it try.tex on my Desktop : No problem
>
> 3) I insert \input{essai}
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \begin{document}
>   \input{essai}
> \end{document}

Where is the file "essai" relatively to the current file? And is it a
file with extension .tex, i.e. is it essai.tex ?

> No problem
>
> 4) I save it and now alt-esc does not work anymore
>
> Perhaps a problem with LatexCommandCompletions.rb ??
>
> Greetings
>
> Alain

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College