[TxMt] Re: How to sync TextMate settings with another Mac

tycho garen garen at tychoish.com
Mon Sep 15 15:44:52 UTC 2008

> > I wonder how you guys keep your TextMate synced with among multiple
> > Macs.

This isn't, strictly speaking a problem I have. I'm a one mac kind of guy, but I back things up and that might be helpful for you.

All of my custom commands/triggers/snippets, are in their own bundle (~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles) which I copy to a git repository that has all the essentials, and I sync that up to my web server.

When I've moved machines, or reinstalled, I just make sure that the textmate application support goes with me. So once the initial set up is done, everything new goes into "my" bundle and you can just back that up periodically, or write a script that cron/launchd can run regularly to back that up, and that seems to do it for me.

The second machine would just work in reverse, and I expect you can figure that one out.

Cheers,
tycho
-------
tycho(ish) @
garen at tychoish.com
http://www.tychoish.com/
http://www.criticalfutures.com/
"don't get it right, get it written" -- james thurber