[TxMt] Re: How to sync TextMate settings with another Mac

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Mon Sep 15 16:29:10 UTC 2008

On 2008-Sep-15, at 9:02 AM, Takaaki Kato wrote:

> I wonder how you guys keep your TextMate synced with among multiple
> Macs.

Preferences are simple enough that I just modify them manually. For
Bundles I've created, I keep them in Subversion and have a script that
updates them and also updates official bundles I've checked out to `/
Library/Application Support/`.

The script also reloads bundles if TextMate is running…

     # if TextMate is currently running, reload the bundles
     if ( `ps -xc | grep -c TextMate` >= 1 ) then
       osascript -e 'tell application "TextMate" to reload bundles'
     endif

It's not an ideal solution. The real hard-core way to sync everything
would probably be to rsync the preferences file, and the various
`Application Support` paths, but that comes with many complications.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>