[TxMt] Re: [FeatReq] Scratchpad

Alex Ross tm-alex at rosiba.com
Mon Sep 8 20:13:14 UTC 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 9:02 PM, guerom00 wrote:

> Alex Ross-8 wrote:
>>
>> Attached is a bundle “Scratch” containing a single command
>> “Scratch from Current Selection / Line”.  When editing, you
>> decide
>> you want some scratch, so you make a selection hit ⌃⌥⌘C and
>> off
>> you go.  Scratches files are  The next step would probably be to
>> add a
>> command to list all previous scratches… you could do this quite
>> easily as a html command with txmt:// links to old scratches.
>>
>> –Alex
>>

> That's great ! Thanks.
>
> Is it possible to include in the name of the scratch file, the name
> of the
> file where it comes from ? If you see what I mean (to help recognize
> the
> scratch files)

There are a few ways to get the file name.  You can drag the file
proxy from textmate's title bar (that's the little file icon).  You
can type `echo $TM_FILEPATH` and hit ⌃R on a line to get the filename
as well.

I also added a command to the Scratch bundle (which I have attached)
to list whatever scratch files are still in existence (newest first).

> First, I thought that the fact that the scratch file was
> automatically saved was a good thing (that's the case with BBEdit's
> scratchpad I think) Now I'm wondering if that's a good thing or not…

I think it's a good thing.  Scratch files go into a temporary folder
that will get cleaned when you reboot.  What's not to like?

—Alex