[TxMt] Re: [FeatReq] Scratchpad

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:03:30 UTC 2008

guerom wrote:

> Jacob Rus wrote:
>
>> Why can't you make a bundle that does something like this?
>
> Because I don't know how.

Well what would you want it to do, precisely?  Just have some shortcuts
for sending text to a specific "scratchpad" file somewhere?

How does a scratchpad-using workflow go in BBEdit?  What are the
essential aspects of that workflow, and what are its goals?  Once that
is figured out, I imagine some set of TextMate commands could be made to
enable such a workflow.

Personally, I still don’t quite understand the use case, or the benefit
over just opening new a document (either untitled, or saved in /tmp or
something) to do scratch work in.

-Jacob