[TxMt] Re: [FeatReq] Scratchpad

Patrick James pj002 at mac.com
Mon Sep 8 12:42:27 UTC 2008

On 8 Sep 2008, at 12:58, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> On 08.09.2008, at 12:23, guerom00 wrote:
>> Jacob Rus-4 wrote:
>>> Why can't you make a bundle that does something like this?
>>> Because I don't know how.
> I've already mentioned it within this thread that it's not so
> difficult to do this.
> Maybe write down some keynotes what'is desired. Maybe I find some time
> next week to start with such a bundle.
>
> My approach would gather all pasties in one file marked with a time
> stamp, file name, and language grammar. Then one could write a 'look
> for pasties' function which shows up all pasties filtered by the
> current doc/language grammar. Etc.
>
> To applay a key combo/tab to a frequently used scratch I would suggest
> to use TM's snippet system.

Hello Hans

I feel there is a chance that maybe some people would find this bundle
very useful if you found time to create it.

I have understood, I think, what the OP is requesting although I
haven't used BBEdit 9.

What I used to do with BBEdit 8 and earlier versions was simply to
have an AppleScript which opened a new file and saved it in a
"temporary" folder named with date and time formatted like this: yyyy-
mm-dd-hh-mm-ss

This meant that I could always create a new "scratch pad" if you like
which was saved in that temporary folder and could, if desired, be
retrieved, however retrieval usually wasn't very necessary. I didn't
want to do the "scratch pad" activities on an unsaved file because if
the application crashed then I'd lose it.

It would be a great exercise for me to learn how to create this bundle
myself in TextMate and so if it is not a good time for you to consider
such a thing then it will be no problem at all.

Patrick

http://www.patrickjames.co.uk