[TxMt] Re: [FeatReq] Scratchpad

Alex Ross tm-alex at rosiba.com
Mon Sep 8 15:05:39 UTC 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 2:42 PM, Patrick James wrote:

> What I used to do with BBEdit 8 and earlier versions was simply to
> have an AppleScript which opened a new file and saved it in a
> "temporary" folder named with date and time formatted like this: yyyy-
> mm-dd-hh-mm-ss
>
> This meant that I could always create a new "scratch pad" if you like
> which was saved in that temporary folder and could, if desired, be
> retrieved, however retrieval usually wasn't very necessary. I didn't
> want to do the "scratch pad" activities on an unsaved file because if
> the application crashed then I'd lose it.
>
> It would be a great exercise for me to learn how to create this bundle
> myself in TextMate and so if it is not a good time for you to consider
> such a thing then it will be no problem at all.

Attached is a bundle “Scratch” containing a single command
“Scratch from Current Selection / Line”.  When editing, you decide
you want some scratch, so you make a selection hit ⌃⌥⌘C and off
you go.  Scratches files are  The next step would probably be to add a
command to list all previous scratches… you could do this quite
easily as a html command with txmt:// links to old scratches.

–Alex