[TxMt] Foreign Language Bundles; specifically Latin

Steven Harms sgharms at stevengharms.com
Sun Mar 9 21:51:47 UTC 2008

Gerd,

In my experience that glyph ( chosen by opt-a + vowel ) when inserted
in HTML does not port - when viewed in a web page it tends to come up
as a '?' or something similar whereas the unicode value does port.

So, in theory i could extend the "Convert HTML to Entities" code and
augment it to support macron-ized vowels. Eve Now, I may merely be
reflecting my ignorance of UTF-8 and i18n in general, but without the
text being easily ported, I simply don't feel like I'm building data
artifacts that can be re-used flexibly - and I need that.

I feel like my solution is *good* and opening it up for others to
benefit from would be good too, I just wonder if there's a better way,
or a larger geist that would be well served by by my trying to take a
larger perspective.

Steven