[TxMt] Foreign Language Bundles; specifically Latin

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Sun Mar 9 19:02:02 UTC 2008

On Mar 9, 2008, at 10:25 AM, Steven Harms wrote:

> I am currently taking an ancient Latin class.
>
> Latin, in modern text, makes use of macron ( bars over letters ).

Hmmm... I had 6 years of Latin (in Germany) and have never seen such a
thing. So curiosity had me look it up on Wikipedia. Quote: "Textbooks
and dictionaries indicate the quantity of vowels by putting a macron
or horizontal bar above the long vowel, but this is not generally done
in regular texts."

I guess you learn something new every day!

BTW if you switch your keyboard to "U.S. Extended", You can get a
macron over a character by pressing Opt-a followed by the character.

Gerd