[TxMt] Writing a Book with TextMate

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at fletcherpenney.net
Thu Jun 5 15:56:36 UTC 2008

Obviously, I am biased, but this is the sort of thing I designed
multimarkdown for.  It's also the sort of project I would consider
using Scrivener to help organize.  My own workflow for a project like
this would be to use Scrivener to organize sections, chapters, etc.
You can optionally use an "Edit in TextMate" command (though I don't
know offhand if that works in Leopard yet or not) so that you can edit
the text in TM.

<http://fletcherpenney.net/MultiMarkdown>

Scrivener could then export the document as plain text.  If you did
your writing using the MMD syntax, it could be converted to
LaTeX->PDF.

If your book is mostly text and simple stuff, you wouldn't need to
learn LaTeX.  But if it got complicated, you could learn just the
necessary amount of LaTeX to get it done.

That's my personal preference, but it may not suit your style.