[TxMt] LaTeX - opening PDFs

Robin Houston robin.houston at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 21:57:28 UTC 2008

On 11/01/2008, Brad Miller <bonelake at gmail.com> wrote:
> Haris,  I cannot reproduce the beeping,

I can reproduce it if I turn on the "Check for file changes" option in
the Skim prefs. Haris told me that he had that option on, so I suspect
that's the explanation. What happens is that Skim starts to reload the
file, having noticed that it has changed, and then the AppleEvent
arrives while the file is already reloading, causing Skim to beep.
(Because it's timing-dependent, it doesn't happen every time, and how
frequently it happens probably depends on the size and complexity of
the file and the speed of the machine.)

> On Jan 11, 2008, at 6:12 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
> > Also, focus doesn't seem to switch to Skim.
> Again this works for me.    But it also worked for me without Robin's
> patch to tell Skim to activate!  I hate applescript.

But I haven't posted my patch to tell the viewer to activate! It's
attached here.

Robin