[TxMt] LaTeX - opening PDFs

Brad Miller bonelake at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:25:43 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Robin Houston wrote:

> On 11/01/2008, Brad Miller <bonelake at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Haris,  I cannot reproduce the beeping,
>
> I can reproduce it if I turn on the "Check for file changes" option in
> the Skim prefs. Haris told me that he had that option on, so I suspect
> that's the explanation. What happens is that Skim starts to reload the
> file, having noticed that it has changed, and then the AppleEvent
> arrives while the file is already reloading, causing Skim to beep.
> (Because it's timing-dependent, it doesn't happen every time, and how
> frequently it happens probably depends on the size and complexity of
> the file and the speed of the machine.)

That makes sense.  I wonder if we could tell skim to turn that option
off automatically, since it really should not be turned on when you
are using Skim and TextMate together.

>> On Jan 11, 2008, at 6:12 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>>> Also, focus doesn't seem to switch to Skim.
>> Again this works for me.    But it also worked for me without Robin's
>> patch to tell Skim to activate!  I hate applescript.
>
> But I haven't posted my patch to tell the viewer to activate! It's
> attached here.

OK, now I guess I'm just losing my mind.  I could swear I saw a patch
go by earlier today that had "... active\n end tell" as part of the
patch.
I don't see it in the code now so I guess I was dreaming.

Brad