[TxMt] Re: synctex support in LaTeX bundle

Mark Moll mmoll at cs.rice.edu
Mon Aug 11 15:20:19 UTC 2008

On Aug 10, 2008, at 5:55 PM, Brad Miller wrote:
> I've just committed a change to the LaTeX bundle in the subversion
> repository to add support for synctex.  If your typesetting engine
> supports the -synctex=# option then it will be used.
>
> syncing still works with pdfsync if you don't have the synctex option.
>
> If you can try it out please do and let me know if you have any
> problems.

It doesn't seem to be working for me, but this may be a Skim problem.
I have the following document called untitled.tex:

------------------------
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
test
\newpage
test
\end{document}
------------------------

I used xelatex (from svn) with synctex enabled to create a pdf and
synctex.gz files. I open the pdf file in Skim. The following commands
should then go to page 1 and page 2 (if I understand the script
correctly), but they don't:

/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/Resources/displayline 3 untitled.pdf
untitled.tex
/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/Resources/displayline 5 untitled.pdf
untitled.tex

--
Mark