[TxMt] Re: synctex support in LaTeX bundle

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:10:47 UTC 2008

On Aug 11, 2008, at 10:49 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 11/08/2008, at 10:02 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> You beat me to it Brad! Nice work. Seems to work over here, on a
>> quick inspection. One thought though. If synctex is like pdfsync,
>> then the specials it includes in the pdf might occasionally cause
>> changes in the layout
>
> I don't know for certain, but I don't think synctex uses specials
> to output the information in the same way that pdfsync does. That's
> one of the reasons the syncing was pulled into the engines (pdfTeX,
> XeTeX) themselves (i.e., to avoid the problem of layout side-effects).

This would indeed be good news. But where can we find more
information about SyncTeX, assuming we have obtained the TexLive2008
beta?

> Sorry, I haven't had time yet to update my LaTeX bundle, but I'm in
> the process of getting the GetBundle, er, bundle to help me out
> with that.

Unless things have changed, the GetBundle bundle only helps with
installing bundles that don't come with TextMate. Since the LaTeX
bundle comes built into TextMate, you will likely need to directly
use svn to check out the repository. I think the instructions are here:

http://wiki.macromates.com/Main/SubversionCheckout

Hope things haven't changed too much since the last time I looked.
For this you would need an svn client installed. Let us know if you
run into any difficulties.

> Cheers,
> Will

Haris Skiadas